The Internal Complaints Committee was established primarily to protect the modesty and safety of the staff members. More so focused on the wellbeing and safety of woman employees. The committee focus to work against professional and personal discrimination.
Objectives, Roles and Responsibilities of College Internal Complaints Committee:
- Prevent discrimination and sexual harassment, by promoting gender amity among students and employees;
- Make recommendations to the management for changes/elaborations in the Rules for students in the Prospectus and the Bye-Laws, to make them gender just and to lay down procedures for the prohibition, resolution, settlement and prosecution of acts of discrimination and sexual harassment, by the students and the employees;
- Deal with cases of discrimination and sexual harassment against women, in a time bound manner, aiming at ensuring support services to the victimized and termination of the harassment;
- Recommend appropriate punitive action against the guilty party to the Management.
As per Supreme court order actions and advances such as following amounts to harassment.
- Physical contact and advances
- Demand or request for sexual favours;
- Sexually coloured remarks;
- Showing pornography; and
- Other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature. (Vishaka judgment by Supreme Court)
The following is also sexual harassment and is covered by the committee:
- Unsavory remarks,
- Jokes causing or likely to cause awkwardness or embarrassment,
- Innuendos and taunts,
- Gender based insults or sexist remarks,
- Unwelcome sexual overtone in any manner such as over telephone (obnoxious telephone calls) and the like,
- Touching or brushing against any part of the body and the like,
- Displaying pornographic or other offensive or derogatory pictures, cartoons, pamphlets or sayings,
- Forcible physical touch or molestation and
- Physical confinement against one’s will and any other act likely to violate one’s privacy.
The Committee shall meet as often as may be needed and appropriate.
Frequency of meeting: Once in a year (beginning of academic year) and as and when necessary.
|SI. No.||Name of the Faculty||Designation|
|1.||Ms. Manjula. V.||Head- HR|