NHCM Library is a resource center for teaching, learning & research. Being the heart of the academic center, it is home for all the information services. It plays a proactive role in enabling access to information resources of all kind and providing innovative, responsive and effective services to meet the changing needs of the academic community. The major objective of our library is to provide right information/knowledge to the right users at the right time. The Library holds a hybrid collection of printed as well as electronic resources which include books, journals, databases, audio-visuals, CDs/DVDs, e-books, e-journals, course materials, past years question papers, Bound Volumes, Project Reports, case studies, conference proceedings, training manuals, etc. Currently the library holds over 9291 volumes of the latest books, print journals, provides access to e-journals, newspapers and business magazine, and multimedia resources.
To facilitate, educate and update staff and students in identifying and efficiently utilizing the current and appropriate informational resources.
To maintain and upgrade learning materials and databases to meet the multidimensional needs of all programs of the Institution.
- Stack Area
- Reference Section
- Periodicals, Newspaper and Magazine Section
- Reading Hall
- State of the Art Digital Library
- Students Discussion Rooms
- Faculty Discussion Room
- Books and Stationary Shop
- Online Reservation
- Institutional Repository
- Reprographic Service
- Document Scanning
- Document Printing
- Inter Library Loan
- OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog)
- Overnight Circulation
- E-mail Reminder
- SMS Alert
- Organising Book Exhibition
- News Paper Clippings
|NON – BOOK MATERIALS|
|CD- ROMs and DVDs||222|
|No. Of Bound Volumes||153|
- MONDAY – SATURDAY 9.00 A.M – 5.00 P.M
- MONDAY – SATURDAY 9.00 A.M – 04.30 P.M
- Identity card should be shown at the checkpoint.
- Leave your bags, handbags and personal belongings at the depository/property counter.
- Students are prohibited to carrying any notebook inside the reference section except loose sheets.
- No person shall write on, damage or make any mark on any book, journal or other material belonging to the library.
- Books should be handled with great care and mutilation of books in any manner will be heavily fined.
- Students can retain the books for two weeks only, after which a fine of Rs.1/- Per book per day (Rs.2/- after 15 days) will be charged.
- Students can borrow three books, two CDs, two Magazines, two Journal at a time.
- Renewals are allowed only when there is no claim by others. No phone renewal entertained.
- A borrowed book if recalled by the Librarian has to be returned immediately.
- Online reservation can be done for a book, which is already lent out. Reserve books are kept separately in circulation counter for two days for each member.
- Maintain a Queue at circulation counter.
|Sl. No||Database Name||Website Address|
|1||NLIST||Click Here - Username:email@example.com Password:nhclibrary|
|2||Proquest (Management)||Click Here|
- 24/7 open, 365 days
- Individual cubicles and group discussion rooms are provided for individual and group learning
- Online classroom
- Video Conference room
- NHC library provided the well established Digital Library and E-Learning Center where students can access institutional repository, electronic resources, Guest Lectures and video lectures.
- Project assistance with regard to providing rare collections
- To give guidance to make an academic project like open source software, Apps, etc.
- Online discussion forums
- To conduct a quiz competition to upgrade their current general knowledge on core areas
- Book Exhibition will be organized once in a year
- The information literacy program is conducted every year to our students and teachers
- To receive an online feedback from students in regard to facilities, resources, and service. It gives an opportunity to enhance library facilities, services, and resources. Students' feedback also taking through suggestion box
- A Beautiful Library homepage is created for information dissemination.
- 24/7 Access to Electronic Resources through remote access
- Web OPAC is available to our students and faculty members to check the availability of resources and they can also login to their personal account to see what books and CDs are borrowed from the library and its due date.
- Students can make online reservation for Books through the OPAC
- The library sends an E-mail reminder to collect reserved books from the Library.
- SMS Alert through www.160by2.com web site (free website) is used for sending messages to the students.
Book Exhibition during Vivekananda's 154th Birthday
|NAME||QUALIFICATION||DESIGNATION||PHONE NO AND E-MAIL|
|Mr. Ravikumar||M.L.I.Sc., KSET||Librarian||+91-80-6629 7777; firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms. Sandhya Kumari||M.L.I.Sc.||Library Officeremail@example.com|
Head-Library and Information Center
New Horizon College
Ring Road, Near Marathalli,
Bangalore – 560 103, INDIA
Tel : +91-80-6629 7777 Ext 3010
Fax : +91-80-2844 0770.