In order to resolve day to day academic problems of the students, mentors are appointed for every class and they counsel their respective students to solve the problems encountered during the course of study.
This is a continuous process till the student completes the course. In the final semester of study students are advised on career prospects and opportunities for higher studies. Reasonable number of students have secured admissions for their higher studies in reputed institutions and they in turn guide their juniors on admission procedures and preparation.
The objectives of this practice are:
- To monitor the student’s regularity & discipline
- To enable the parents to know about the performance & regularity of their wards.
- Improvement of teacher-student relationship
- Counselling students for solving their problems and provide confidence to improve their quality of life.
- Guiding students to choose right career path for job, higher studies, entrepreneurship, etc.
Outcomes of the system :
- The attendance percentage of students has increased to a great extent.
- The number of students detained has decreased consistently.
- As a result of direct communication between mentor and the student, there was a improvement in the teacher-student relationship.
- There is better academic performance.
Programmes and approaches as above will ensure successful outcomes in a student’s life.