Club head : Praveen
New Horizon Outreach Activity Club
The outreach activity club is an initiative to promote social welfare and awareness in the society. The activities undertaken by the club addresses the core issues in the society and find ways to resolve the same and bring positive changes as well.
Outreach takes initiatives for the general social welfare it will arouse the social conscience of the students and provide them an opportunity to work with the people in the villages and slums.
- To understand the community in which they work
- To identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving process
- Develop a sense of social among students towards civic responsibility
- Utilize students’ knowledge in finding practical solution to individual and community problems
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation
- Develop competence required for group living and sharing of responsibilities.
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters
- Practice national integration and social harmony
- To conduct social service activities like cleaning the campus, planting trees, blood donation camps, etc.
- Name of the event: IN PURSUIT OF DISPUTE (Debate)
Club: OUTREACH – Management Club
Date and time: 14th August 2018; 12:30pm-3:00pm
Venue: Chanakya ROOM-1 (201)
Coordinators: Anurag Basu Mallick
Sub-Coordinator: Tharun R
1st Place: Suchitra, I-BBA C
2nd Place: Neha, I-BBA B
3rd Place: Harikrishna, I-BBA B
Event Description: The Outreach Club headed by Praveen Haridas coordinated by AnuragBasuMallick and Tharun R organised a debate competition – IN PURSUIT OF DISPUTE. We received a huge response for the event from the students. Their debating skills were monitored by Ms. Prasanna Prakash and Ms.Manjula.
There were two rounds: random dual between the participants and choosing topics on the spot. The second and final round named “Champions vs Challengers” saw a panel of seasoned moderators posing questions and grilling the finalists after which five participants were shortlisted. The event observed various topics that give insights to the happenings of the society and various current affairs. The senior students gave a demo of 1 on 1 debate to highlight the quintessential calibre to be possessed by a debater.
- Name of the event: The Voice Out
Club : Outreach Activity Club
Date and time : 27th July 2016. 12:30 pm onwards
Venue: Chanakya Seminar Hall
Coordinators: Venkatraman , Chandan
Judges : Jissa
1st place : Sunil Kand and Ramdev Yadav
2ndplace : Surya Pratap and Sadia Vali
3rdplace : Sanketh and Gollareshwara
Participants (two in a team) were asked to select any relevant problem faced by the society and find an approach to solve that particular problem. They were given 45 minutes in order to come up with a solution and plan their approach. Participants were then given 2-3 minutes to present the problem as well as the solution in the form of a speech or a poster. The judging criteria were to look out for the most creative solution or the one with the most impact
|Name of Committee/Cell||Faculty In charge||Faculty Members||Student Coordinator|
|Outreach Activities||Srirama& Sidhalinga||Santaswaroop, Rajesh, Dr Naveen, Ayush, Manjunath||Pranay Reddy- III BCOM ‘B’
Shashank- III BBA ‘C’
Tejaswini- III BBA ‘C’