Student Club or Student Body is a form of governance run by the students to contribute towards growth of the student community and the growth of the institution.
New Horizon College Student Council is a body of student leaders who represent the interests of the student community of New Horizon College. The purpose of the committee is to see to it that the objectives of this union are carried out effectively, by enacting legislation, by supervising, coordinating and financing the execution of a broad array of academic, co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
Objectives of the Student Club :
- To promote the interests of students among the administration, staff and parents.
- To inform students about any subject that concerns them.
- To consult students on any issue of importance.
- To organise educational and recreational activities for students.
- To propose activities to the administration that would improve the quality of life in an institution.
- To maintain good relations with the Student Club Staff (the principal, teaching and non teaching personnel) and parents.
- To promote self growth.
Activities of the Student Club :
- To organise and coordinate various activities and meetings throughout the year.
- To communicate its opinion to the class mentors on any subject that concerns students which the council wishes to be consulted on.
- To assist the teachers in organising the various calendar of events and put the plans into action.
- To promote and encourage the involvement of students in organising and participation of activities and events.
STRUCTURE OF THE CLUB
- Vice President
- NHSC Cultural Clubs - Heads and Sub heads
- Sports coordinator
- Disciplinary coordinator
- Class representatives
NEW HORIZON STUDENT CLUBS
New Horizon College Student Club objective is to coordinate and execute various activities will engage and stimulate the students. The Student club provides support and promotes activities that help the student body nurture their talents and help them grow, according to their areas of interest.
- Dance Club –Panache.
- Music Club –Goonj.
- Drama Club –Navrasa.
- Creativity Club –Kalamunch.
- Literary Club –Epiphany.
- Photography Club –Actino.
- Media Club –Vector.
- Outreach Activity Club
- Adventure Club - Explore
- Eco Club
Structure of the clubs :
- Each club consists of One head (a final year student) and one deputy head ( a second year student) that is headed by the President and Vice President of the Student Council.
- The members of the clubs will be elected once in a year, and is valid for two semesters.
- Students are required to become members of a minimum of 1 club and a maximum of 3 clubs.
- The club head can also elect committee members, according to the requirement of each club for the purpose of assistance (example; logistics head, treasurer, secretary etc.).
Rules of the Clubs :
- Students can take membership in a minimum of 1 club and a maximum of 3 clubs.
- The club members should meet at least twice a month between 2:30 pm and 4:30 pm.
- The club should organise one event per semester, according to the prescribed calendar of events.
- Student club membership is valid for one year
- Event conducted must be approved by the Faculty Cultural Coordinator and Principal
- Club heads will be required to maintain records and submit it in the format prescribed.
- Club heads are required to maintain a database of students registered in the respective clubs.
|Name of Committee/Cell||Faculty In charge||Faculty Members|
|Greeshma Francis||Syamili, Anjana, Amrutha, Jyothi Priya|
Student Club Members
|NAME||DESIGNATION||CLASS||CLUB NAME||PHONE NO|
|SHIRISHA R||PRESIDENT||V BCA||9742069698|
|GOLLALESHWAR||VICE PRESIDENT||V BCOM E||9535829845|
|ARDRA ASOK||LITERARY HEAD||V BCOM PG||EPIPHANY||8904183301|
|KARTHIK IYER||MEDIA HEAD||V BCA||VECTOR||7204087939|
|MONISHA N||DANCE HEAD||V BCOM PG||PANACHE||9731646689|
|BHARATHI P||FASHION HEAD||V BBA B||Ornate||8904778132|
|ANISH SINGH||OUTREACH HEAD||V BCOM PG||Outreach||9936237482|
|ANURAG B M||ED CELL HEAD||V BCOM P||7090105588|
|ARADHANA||CREATIVITY HEAD||V BCOM P||KALAMUNCH||9902203856|
|ELISHA NAIK||MUSIC HEAD||V BBA A||GOONJ||8904503641|
|SADIA VALI||DRAMA HEAD||V BCOM PG||NAVARASA||9901294984|
|SHWETANK SINGH||PHOTOGRAPHY HEAD||V BBA B||ACTINO||7259429100|
|SUPRIYA G||NSS HEAD||V BCA||7899979141|
|KISHORE KUMAR||NSS HEAD||V BBA A||9632190024|
|SMITHA M||SPORTS VICE CAPTAIN||V BBA B||9901159561|
|NIKHIL A||SPORT CAPTAIN||V BBA B||9743599183|
|JAGAN V||DESCIPLINE COMMITTEE||V BBA A||8861140628|
|ALLWIN R||DESCIPINE COMMITTEE||V BCOM P||8884251171|
|SURAJ HARRY X||DESCIPINE COMMITTEE||V BCOM PG||9900869298|
|RAHUL RD||DESCIPINE COMMITTEE||V BBA B||8861688484|
|TEJAS KUMAR V||DESCIPINE COMMITTEE||V BCA||9845383977|
|BALAKRISHNA P||DESCIPINE COMMITTEE||V BCA||8123796698|
|PRASHANTH SN||DESCIPINE COMMITTEE||V BCOM E||7760890334|
|GLADSON BABU||EDITORIAL HEAD||V BCOM P||8861741732|
|NEHA UNNIKRISHNAN||III BBA B||B1821104||9742422680|
|NIKITHA S||III BBA B||B1821101||9741827271|
|MANJUNATH P S||III BCA B||R1819246||9845172984|
|HARI KRISHNA||III BBA B||B1821056||9663895584|
|RAVI CHOUDHARY||III BCOM B||C1847327||7019446893|
|AJAY JP||III BCA A||R1819204||8971912476|
|SAMIKSHA PRADHAN||III BCOM C||C1847338||9738332351|
|AISHWARYA M JITH||III BBA B||C1847207||8861010034|
|HRIDYA MOHAN||III BCOM A||C1847260||9844897701|
|JYOTSNA GERA||III BBA B||B1821063||8296790950|